My brother just started a PhD in geology (he’s a smarty pants) and consequently has zero time to cook. He asked for some quick recipes that were healthy and could be done in the middle of grading 150 papers. This veggie bowl is seriously fast and oh so good!
This veggie bowl is packed with nutrients and takes under 10 minutes to make.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- .8 oz. frozen corn (about half a bag)
- 2 large carrots grated
- 1 can black beans
- Baked tofu (I used teriyaki flavor from Trader Joe’s) or chicken
- 1 small Jalapeno diced (less if you’re sensitive to spice)
- 1 ½ cups chopped red cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in frozen corn and cook for another minute. Add carrots, black beans, tofu, jalapeno, salt and pepper and cook until everything is warm.
- Add the cabbage to individual bowls, dish out veggies, and top with your favorite salsa!