I don’t eat very many eggs, and I started getting extremely sick of yogurt and granola every morning. You know that quote about how “Necessity is the mother of invention”? Well that’s exactly how this recipe was born. I had a whole bunch of fruit and coconut cream and that was about it.
This is so easy I almost feel like I’m cheating by calling it a recipe. Use whatever fruit you have available to you, and what is in season. During the summer I load my bowl with apples, blackberries, strawberries and mango. During the winter I mainly stick to bananas and apples because that’s what I can find. The coconut cream will leave you feeling full and satisfied and has unusual fatty acids that are good for you. Hemp and flax seeds both contain necessary Omega-3 fatty acids. A quick and easy breakfast bowl you can make on the busiest of mornings
- 1/3 cup coconut cream- or to your liking
- Chopped fruit
- 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Sprinkle of hemp and/or flax seeds
- Place fruit in a bowl, pour the coconut cream on top.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds, coconut flakes, and hemp/flax seeds on top